Important Help us bring our HNS servers to life

p0isn

President
Board Member
Premium
VIP Member
Hello everybody 👋

We have obviously noticed a decrease in activity on our HNS servers and we wonder what you want us to change/add/remove to bring life to our servers?

What is missing on the servers? What can we add to make it more fun to play? Do we need to delete something?

Please help us, share your suggestions and ideas so we can make our servers more fun to play on! 👊❤️

(Bad ideas are better than no ideas at all... ;))

alien

Hello Vincent!
I saw nobody posted any suggestions but I do have a few that could possibly make a difference as well. aswell as a Observation and How you can Make people play once more. First off, Add rayish maps. Some examples being rayish_sunset and rayish_brickworld etc.. Another thing you should know is that Pro Players of HNS nowadays tend to avoid so called "New Gen Servers" because of the new players, and the pro players can't have as much fun as they do competing with their skill level. Ever since Klonken released HNS PRE it has born many pro players the past 3 years. And sadly the phase of it has gone due to drop of players the past year, so that's why a significant amount of new players don't come in the server anymore. One thing is the reason why Klonken had a lot of players in the first place was because most of the people in the server knew each other, therefore averaging a lot of players. Just like Pug servers where all of them know each other. And while people knew each other, other people from different community's join and the word spreads. So you need a major amount of people to spread the word somehow. It's a very complex topic, I really don't know how to explain it in text, but long story short, get a bunch of people who play your servers often, take their opinion, Do their opinion (varies), then after they will say, "Hey, cool server maybe I should invite my friends?" So there, while people come, people go, You just gotta somehow make it that way again.
-
Some few bugs I've found out that's yet to be fixed:

Team Switching Instantly Therefore not Giving Points to the Winning Team.

- Example : T side wins in time, but T's won too many times in a row so they INSTANTLY switch team giving the CT's the points.

(Very Long Thread but I hope this helps somehow :p)

p0isn

President
Board Member
Premium
VIP Member
Thank you so much for the explanations! :)

It's very important for us to solve issues on our servers as soon as possible. I didn't know that this was still an issue on the server, because we already had a timer of 1 second to change teams when T wins 5 rounds in a row. Anyway, I've modified the plugin a bit now, so the team change should take place just before the new round begins. Hopefully this solves the problem you mentioned. Please let us know if it didn't.

We already have rayish_sunset in the map rotation and we recently removed some "bad maps" from the rotation - maps where players usually decided to leave the server.

• Love
Reactions: alien