yvestral

Steam Profile URL
https://steamcommunity.com/id/yvestral/

Discord tag
yvestral#6818

Which category are you applying for?
Retakes

How long have you been playing CS:GO?
Hello! I have a long experience with CS:GO and other FPS games - I started playing CS:GO in 2014, when I was 13 years old. Since then I have accomplished to play more than 10.000 ingame hours split over a couple steam accounts.

Have you been banned or punished on our servers?
I have never been banned or punished on any of the Klonken servers, as far as I remember.

Information about you
My name is Oliver, going by the nickname "yvestral" ingame. I'm a norwegian student, 21 years of age. I study at "Hadeland Folkehøgskole" in Norway to become a personal trainer, which is only a part-time study during the day. This gives me alot of time to relax and play computer games. I only play CS:GO, because I don't really enjoy any other games. So my daily routine is basically just going to the gym and playing CS:GO all day/night. I'm described as a calm and down to earth kinda person, but also very extrovert.

Do you have any admin experience?
I was admin on the FPSLynx servers for a period of 3-4 months back in the days of 2018/19 when the retake servers was very active. Therefore, I'm experienced with the admin tools but would need a little refresher.

Qualities that make you a good administrator
As mentioned, I spend a lot of time playing CS:GO. I play on Klonken (and also other retake servers), whenever I get the chance. I use the servers as warmup, both alone and with my friends. We can play on the retake servers for multiple hours in a row, before queuing a Faceit. After the Faceits we tend to go back to the retake server. As a Norwegian, I do experience ALOT of toxicity and straight up racism towards other countries playing on the server, mainly from Swedish people. This toxicity comes often from the top players on the servers. As a administrator, I think me as a "Norwegian" will give a good "scare" to people being toxic on the Klonken servers, and players in general trying to ruin the fun of playing and warming up on the retakes. I would never give a unecessary ban to players for being toxic or having a bad day on the servers, but I will give warnings and perhaps even kicks. I also care for the community, considering I also do find alot of fun and kind players on the servers.

Why should we pick you? What makes you unique?
As mentioned, I'm a very experienced player on the Klonken retake servers and on CS:GO in general. Most of my friends that I play with on the daily is players I have met from the Klonken servers. I have multiple friends in the top 10 and top 500's on the Klonken retakes, that I have a very good relation with. This gives me the advantage of being on more servers at once, i guess you can call them my "personal snitches". I'm danish of origin, which means I speak and write both norwegian and danish fluent. I also have alot of swedish friends online, and we often speak swedish when we play together. I understand swedish perfectly, even though my own tongue language isn't really spot on yet. On top of the fluent in norwegian and danish, I'm also high-skilled in english.

Something else you would like to add?
Most of my best online friends plays on the Klonken retakes. This includes people from Denmark, Sweden, Finland, Norway and even Estonia. As told, I would never give a unecessary ban, but mostly warnings. As a administrator I will also do everything in my will to promote the Klonken servers.

Reactions: mike123 and VincNT